Our client contacted us to complete changes to the car park within this site. They had been having trouble with unauthorised vehicles using the car park and needed to change the layout in order to stop this happening in the future.
Our team visited the site and created a proposed scheme. A trail road layout was carried out as per our clients instruction.
Traffic Management: One of our men was appointed responsible for traffic management, signage, cones, barriers etc. with the safety of our workforce a priority. With the road layout onsite we did not envisage any time that any road will be affected by more than a width restriction i.e. working on one side closed to traffic but the other side open for normal traffic. Our observer was aware that unusual/large vehicles may wish to gain access and our observer moved/adjusted restrictions accordingly to allow safe entry to site.
The works consisted of…
- Supply and fit 5 no speed ramps at 5m long x 50mm high inc. half round ends comprising yellow and black blocks together with reinforcing tube and clear cats eyes. Ramps are made from a rubber compound.
- Supply and install 10 no. galvanized steel bollards dia 244mm x 1500mm high wall thickness 6mm and filled with concrete.
- Create new kerbs/islands as outlined on the drawing, which will be concreted in the ground and also filled in with concrete.
- Take out existing alligator teeth. Supply and install new alligator teeth as per the specification received.
- Supply and install the necessary signage (7 signs) together with 7 new posts. Signs will have a vandal protection overlay film.
- Temporary equipment for road trial.
1 x Alligator Teeth
1 x Proceed with Caution
2 x No Entry
1 x Right Turn
1 x Left Turn
1 x All Traffic Turn Left or Right at Access
( red lettering on white background)
Health & Safety
As this is an area open to the public we always work to protect the public at all times. Risk assessments and methods statements are always in place before we start any works.
The client and the tenants are happy with the on-going works. We take before and after pictures of every job and these are emailed to our client on completion for their records.
Many changes have been made along the way for this project and we continue to work with our Client and be as flexible as possible to meet their changing needs.
‘We accept that the scope of this project has changed over the weeks and we appreciate your flexibility and how you have responded to meet our needs’
B&Q Property Management Surveyor